On December 12 Lviv’s Bandinelli Palace (Rynok Sqr. 2) saw the official opening of a new museum dedicated to the history of the city’s postal services. The event was held as part of celebrations to mark the tenth anniversary of Lviv’s inclusion onto the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites and is part of efforts to highlight the achievements of what was one of Eastern Europe’s first postal services. Lviv Governor Mykola Kmit, head of Lviv Oblast Council Myroslav Senyk and Lviv City Mayor Andriy Sadoviy attended the grand opening, which was the latest in a long line of recent innovations designed to draw attention to the rich contribution Lviv has made to European history. The venue is particularly fitting, given that the original owner of the Bandinelli Palace, signore Bandinelli, was the man who first began a mail service from Lviv to other key trading cities way back in 1629.